Friday, July 5, 2013

Camp Cool Kids Derby!

Because having one Derby a year isn't enough for us, we are now also having one at Bennett's daycare! 

It all started when they came up with the idea for "Camp Cool Kids".  This is their summer program and every week is going to be a different theme.  One week they are having racecar week.  At first we thought they could paint Derby cars and then come race them at our Derby. But we realized that was a bit presumptious that they would all want to come to our party so instead we're bringing the Derby track to them!

We mentioned the idea to the director and other teachers and they were all for it.  So I stopped off at the Scout Store and picked up 8 kits.  Chris will cut them down into basic wedges, give them a quick sand, and the kids can paint them.  We're not going to bother with weights for any of them, so hopefully they are all roughly the same density of wood.   

This is also a good way for me to get rid of some of my old racecar swag that I have leftover from when I did goody bags.

And because I tend to go overboard with things, I'm now looking into make either pit passes for the kids or drivers licenses.

I may just need to take some time off from work to come help out on race day as well.  Or be the photographer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment